Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Got Kicked Out! Yeah, I know! I can't believe it either!

Ok so, last night, its already beyond Jo Jo's bed time, and he's in bed but not going to sleep. His lamp is on which provokes him to do everything but get sleepy. I'm in the office in the next room listening and growing all the more frustrated because I know that he doesn't do mornings just like I don't. He's singing and playing with something because he occasionally knocks against the wall. Well, I had decided that enough was enough and the light must be turned off.

He's not scared of the dark, (I don't think), he just protests the dark because it means he has to go to sleep. I walk in his room and turn off the lamp and he immediately protests, "Turn the light back on." I say, "No lets talk. What happened at school today?" We talk in hushed tones as we review his classmates names and who was in attendance that day. After we've finished our little chat I say, "Ok, now lets go to sleep. It's late and you shoul'dve been sleep by now."

Of course, I had a few more things to do in the office, but I had to get him calm enough to fall asleep. The light from the office is on, so its not totally dark, and Mommy is RIGHT THERE, so he has no reason to be afraid.

After a few moments of stillness and me pretending to be asleep...he's on to me. He sighs and says to me while pointing, "Go get in Daddy's bed."

What else could I do but leave? I got up and went back into the office and finished my work. When I was done, I figured he had fallen asleep, so I went to check on him before I went to bed. When I walked in, he was asleep...but he had gotten up and turned the lamp back on!

If he has this much sense at 3, what am I going to do when he turns 5?!

No comments: